Want your house to stand out in the holiday selling season? Add a little holiday cheer to make your house shine during this busy time of year.
Although the holiday season can be a hectic time to show and sell your house, there are some advantages of showing your home at this time of the year.
Potential homebuyers find greenery, twinkling lights and holiday decorations warm and inviting. Exterior lights or decorations show pride in ownership and seasonal cheer.
Following are some tips to show your home during the holiday season.
- Make sure walkways and stairs are free of ice.
- Hang a holiday wreath on your front door.
- Play festive music in the background.
- Bake cookies to fill the home with enticing aromas and then leave a note to prospective buyers to enjoy the treats.
- Place a holiday mat outside the front door.
- Keep your holiday decorations inside and out on the conservative side. You want your house to be noticed, not your decorations.
By following these few tips, you will show potential buyers comfort and joy and ways to make them want to create their own holiday memories.
As interest rates remain at all-time lows and homes are priced to sell, now is a great time to work with a REALTOR® to buy or sell a home. Visit www.gatewayRealtors.com to locate a REALTOR® who knows the market in your area.